(To view the monthly newsletter,
clink on this link or on the image below.)
Are you familiar with the Chaplet of Saint Michael the Archangel?
It forms part of my daily devotions when I pray near the abortion facility in downtown Montreal.
There, I don’t doubt that much spiritual warfare is going on. Satan and his minions are causing havoc, killing innocent lives and harming the physical and mental health of mothers and fathers and others who participate in this barbary.
The facility outside of which I pray performs about three thousand abortions yearly. Also, three neighbouring abortion centres do several more thousand of abortions, and one of these is reputed for doing late term abortions - i.e., abortions after 24 weeks of gestation. The demons are surely running rampant in this sector of Montreal.
To those who recite the Chaplet daily, Saint Michael promised his continual assistance and that of all the holy angels during life.
Historical fact: The Chaplet was given by Saint Michael to Maria de Astonaco, a devout Portugese Carmelite nun to whom he appeared in 1750 and asked to be honoured, by the recitation of the chaplet.
I encourage you to practice daily this devotion.
Though most of you do not pray outside an abortion facility, I don’t doubt that you all are engaged in a spiritual battle of one kind or another.
Saint Michael’s help is close at hand.
The Chaplet of Saint Michael
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever, world without end, Amen.
Say one Our Father and three (3) Hail Marys after each of the following nine (9) salutations in honor of the nine (9) Choirs of Angels
1. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of perfect charity.
2. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of sin and run in the paths of Christian perfection.
3. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility.
4. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Dominations may the Lord give us grace to govern our senses and overcome any unruly passions.
5. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Virtues may the Lord preserve us from evil and falling into temptation.
6. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Powers may the Lord protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil.
7. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Principalities may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience.
8. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may attain the glory of Heaven.
9. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Angels may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted in the life to come to Heaven.
Say one Our Father in honor of each of the following leading Angels: St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, and our Guardian Angel.
O glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day.
Pray for us, O glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ,
that we may be made worthy of His promises.
Almighty and Everlasting God, Who, by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael Prince of Your Church, make us worthy, we ask You, to be delivered from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of death, but that we may be conducted by him into Your Presence. This we ask through the merits of Jesus Christ Our Lord.
Quebec Life Coalition
p.s. The Quebec Life Coalition relies on people of goodwill to continue its work. If you like the work we are doing, consider making a financial gift.