We’ve completed the first week of the 40 day prayer vigil for the end of abortion - one seventh of the way!
For many, the highlight of this first week was the Tuesday evening kick-off mass. It was presided by Father Jean-René and for several days afterwards, I was reminded how it had inspired many.
Other highlights include:
- The bitter cold weather of the weekend;
- Judith Lussier’s scathing commentary - L'esprit du clocher, in the Metro daily makes an reference to our work in front of the Morgentaler abortion mill.
The success of the opening mass bodes well for the mid-vigil event – a second mass, again at Saint Enfant Jésus church (5035 Saint-Dominique street, eastern border of Lahaie park). This will be on Tuesday, March 5, beginning after daily closure of the vigil location in Lahaie park. Mark it on your calendars. A pot-luck gathering will follow the service.
As for the week ahead, several planned events are offered for your interest:
- On Friday, we reach the quarter mark of the vigil, and two events are planned.The usual Friday afternoon Stations of the Cross will begin at 3:00 p.m. while an all-night of adoration is set to begin once the daily closure at 7:00 p.m is completed. It will run until 6:30 a.m. when reposition will be done. A mass for those interested will follow at 8:00 a.m. (lauds at 7:40 a.m.) in the convent of the Franciscans Missionary Sisters of Mary (80 Laurier St. East).
- On Saturday, Father Joel, vicar at Mary Queen of the World Cathedral will direct an afternoon meditation on the culture of life inside Saint Enfant Jésus church. This begins at 2:00 p.m. and runs through until 3:30 p.m. The Sunday eve mass will follow at 4:00 p.m. There will be adoration and possibly the sacrament of penance.
- Finally, Sunday afternoon a vesper service is scheduled beginning at 6:00 p.m. – either in the park or inside saint Enfant Jésus church.
Hope to see many of you at these events.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter