106 votes! That slim margin was enough to defeat a vote protecting the unborn child!
Let me explain.
I recently attended the Conservative Party of Canada biannual convention held in Halifax, NS.
From August 23 – 25, 2018, about 3500 delegates from across Canada met, including three of us from the Quebec Life Coalition.
CPC members gather once every two years to propose, debate, and vote upon propositions to be added to the party policy handbook.
In the run up to the 2006 federal election, the national Conservatives adopted a motion – Article 65, to NOT reopen the abortion debate.
Article 65 of the Conservative Party of Canada policy platform states that “a Conservative Government will not support any legislation to regulate abortion.”
At this recent national convention, though as many as eight pro-life, pro-family, and pro-faith resolutions were adopted, unfortunately the proposal to delete Article 65 was defeated by a slim margin; 53% of the delegates (945) voted against removing the article versus 839 who voted in favour.
Only 107 were missing to scratch the article, permitting the Conservative Party to become a voice for the unborn!
Many of us were saddened and disheartened by this result, having travelled so far, petitioned the delegates, and falling short.
Yet our resolve to defend and speak up for the unborn is steadfast. We continue the battle. We return to our churches, our social groups, petitioning our peers for the protection of unborn life.
You’re invited to join us in our efforts.
Consider being with us in one of our upcoming events:
- Pilgrimage for Life. On Saturday, September 15, 2018, a day-long event, travelling to three abortion facilities and five holy places, offering our prayers and sacrifices to Our Lord that He intercede on behalf on unborn children threatened by abortion. You can join us aboard our chartered bus, by reserving a seat at 514 344-2686.
- Life Chain. On Sunday, September 30, 2018, a sixty minute silent, prayerful vigil at a busy thoroughfare, signs in hand, drawing the public’s attention that abortion is widespread in our land. There will be two thousand locations across Canada to welcome pro-lifers from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. For details call us at 514 344-2686.
- 40 Days for Life prayer vigil for the end of abortion. This twice annual event is set to run from September 26, 2018, to Sunday, November 04, 2018. Again, we will be at the heart of the abortion industry in the province of Quebec – the corner of St-Catherine and Berri Streets, Montreal, daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We need your help to bolster our diminishing number of prayer volunteers. Again, call 514 344-2686 for details.
Else, make a pledge. Your financial support funds such worthy projects such as of stalwart services:
- A toll-free phone line / “Enceinte et Inquiète” Web site, 24/7, for women experiencing a crisis pregnancy.
- Apologetics courses, instructing people of good will in the hope that is ours.
Finally your prayers ARE an invaluable way to change hearts and our culture.
Evil is in our midst. Moral iniquity is rampant. May we be instruments of good, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and inspired by our saints and the Blessed Mother to be ever faithful to Our Lord in promoting a culture of life.
Thank you for your support!